Keep stuff from sliding in your pickup bed

I guess a sheet of plywood, a gas can, a tool box, and a chain aren't what the cool kids are keeping in their pickup beds anymore. I'm out of touch with everything but the 1990s, I guess. Bed-liner? Gods, I hope it doesn't scratch too easily, someone might have to invent bed liner-liner, as a liner for their bed liner, you know, to protect from scratches in your truck bed and stuff.

I cut a piece of carpet (left over from a bedroom remodel) to fit the bed.

Cheap, quick, easy, and nothing slides any more.

I do have a fiberglass bed cap on my truck, though... so I don't have to worry about the carpet getting wet.

-Bear

03 F350, it came new with a spray lined liner. Not much moves around.

Exactly! I've loved my Line-X for just that reason! Of course the downside is that it's a right PITA to scoot something heavy into the bed...

GsT
There’s that, but every time I start thinking that I remember the old drop in liner I had in my first truck and falling on my ass loading my dirt bike after a day of riding.

If you have ever worn MX boots you know how hard the soles are and with that liner on that day the two were like trying to maneuver on greasy ice.

I reached for the strap and my feet went out so fast I didn’t even have time for it to register.

Good thing I was still in full riding gear head to toe as I hit everything in the universe on the way down then the 350lbs bike landed on me trapping me on my back.

If not for my brother and nephew being there to heli I might still be stuck there to this day.

The only part that scared me was the hot engine with gas leaking on my testicules.

That ride home sucked.

Add a little hay to a slide in bed liner. Can't believe they could get anymore slippery. Incredibly dangerous. I was pleasantly surprised that someone was willing to buy it.

The plastic slip in liners can be dangerously slick as others have said. Great for unloading gravel as the shovel slides along very nicely on the surface, also make a nice wading pool when the drains plug!

For water barrels, O2 tanks, etc. I use a piece of channel or angle iron. Wedge it under the edge of the tank and hook it on the bed or liner channels.

Back