Keep Your Fingers Clear of the Angle Grinder (Warning - Pic Included)

Eina .There are easier ways of cleaning your knee. I often use a nine inch grinder with a steel brush. These pics make you realize its important to be alert.
I like that you used "eina" in your post. I was but a wee boy of 11 years old in 88'.

OUCH!!!!! that looks painfull
Actually, it wasnt! I have had small cuts on fingers that have hurt, and bled much more than this did, the Nusre said this will sting a lot, as she clapped a huge iodine soaked pad on it, but didnt feel it. the whole episode was virtualy pain free, the biggest pain was the 4 weeks it took me to get back to work, and the two weeks spent hobbling around with a full length soft leg splint on! I swore at myself for being so stupid for the entire 13 mile journey to Aand E. Take what I said about 9 inch grinders in though! most are over 1hp and if they kick off of an edge, you have no chance of stopping them!

Actually, it wasnt! I have had small cuts on fingers that have hurt, and bled much more than this did, the Nusre said this will sting a lot, as she clapped a huge iodine soaked pad on it, but didnt feel it. the whole episode was virtualy pain free, the biggest pain was the 4 weeks it took me to get back to work, and the two weeks spent hobbling around with a full length soft leg splint on! I swore at myself for being so stupid for the entire 13 mile journey to Aand E. Take what I said about 9 inch grinders in though! most are over 1hp and if they kick off of an edge, you have no chance of stopping them!
The other day I was trying to remove a diamond cutting disc of my thirty year old baby bosch grinder. I was holding the blade in my left hand and the locking button with my right hand when I bumbed my trigger happy switch and the machine switched on. I managed to stall the machine but if the machine was newer or if I was holding less hard I might be sitting here with many more fingers than the nine and a half I have now.Lucky and stupid.
The same grinder caused me grief when I placed it on a brand new granite top . I plugged the extension on not realizing the switch had been bumbed on. It bounced all over the granite top and I had to pay for a new one.

I am terrified of my baby grinder and keep having to remind my staff how dangerous it is. The baby grinders are a bad design . My big grinder is much safer in terms of the switch.

Blood? Sprinkle or dip into black pepper, really.
Unlike salt [water soluble] pepper is an oil base. No burning sensation and pepper stops bleeding very fast, working as coagulant.

Back