Keep your shop clean! My mistake I made this summer...

Armourer

Registered
Registered
Long story short, went into my little shop behind my house to grab a wrench to disconnect the battery in my truck and as I grabbed the wrench of my bench I knocked a crescent wrench of the edge and wouldn't you know it I had a empty spray paint can on the floor. You guessed it, the crescent wrench fell on the empty paint can, punctured the can and sprayed the rest of the can into my face...... Good thing I was wearing glasses, but I sure looked goofy walking into the house with a silver face........

Sooo everyone keep your work spaces clean!!

Long story short, went into my little shop behind my house to grab a wrench to disconnect the battery in my truck and as I grabbed the wrench of my bench I knocked a crescent wrench of the edge and wouldn't you know it I had a empty spray paint can on the floor. You guessed it, the crescent wrench fell on the empty paint can, punctured the can and sprayed the rest of the can into my face...... Good thing I was wearing glasses, but I sure looked goofy walking into the house with a silver face........

Sooo everyone keep your work spaces clean!!

I don't have that problem. Stuff is piled so high in the shop anything falling off the bench would never reach the floor. Problem solved.

My junk would fall ONTO the bench its piled so high . :rolleyes: Fortunately most of my paint is above the bench .

About 30 years ago I watched a guy run frantically around his van with a can of wd-40 that had the nozzle break off. He was trying to lube anything that looked like it needed it before the mist shooting out the top stopped. He didn't want to waste it. Was fun to watch.

I bet he lubed a bunch of things that did NOT need it too. I bet that would have been fun to watch........lol

And then to explain to him that WD40 is not a lubricant.

I have almost given up trying to explane to people that WD40 is a wire drier that happens to be slippery for a while, not a lubricant. It will dry hard and make a mess.

The wife had a brand new car. Full can of Krylon fell and hit the corner of an open toolbox drawer. Powder blue Toyota acquires navy blue hood, headlights, grill and front bumper. Toolbox, me and floor caught what didn't hit the car.

Back