Killer Noga Deal

Great deal, but when I tried to order, they wouldn't ship to Alaska. Never ceases to amaze me why some people ( especially businesses that do this crap for a living ) are ignorant to the fact that a USPS Flat Rate box means just that.......Flat Rate. Doesn't matter what state you're shipping it to.

Great deal, but when I tried to order, they wouldn't ship to Alaska. Never ceases to amaze me why some people ( especially businesses that do this crap for a living ) are ignorant to the fact that a USPS Flat Rate box means just that.......Flat Rate. Doesn't matter what state you're shipping it to.
And i received my first one USPS flat rate.. i suspect the other two will travel in the same fashion

Because there are other methods that can be chosen. Maybe you could right some software and peddle it that can predict were people live before they put in their address and only allow them to select one kind of shipping even though you have many products that are bigger than a flat rate box.

Its not that they are ignorant, its that businesses don't want to the hassle of dealing with people that think they are not and dont understand the big picture intricacies of shipping to Alaska.

Yeah this makes no sense to me. @akjeff did you try the chat option to ask about that?

Out of curiosity I did a little research regarding the shipping rate issue.

As I said before, my package was shipped via Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A (NOT Flat Rate).
It was shipped from Huntington Beach, CA, 92649.

I assumed the box weighed 5 pounds and checked the retail rate for that box/weight. Retail postage for the box is $8.38.

For the same box/weight from same zip code to Anchorage (99501), retail postage is $13.54

$13.54 - $8.38 = $5.16 more postage to Anchorage.

I don't know how many fulfillment centers All Industrial has, but their Contact phone number is consistent with Huntington Beach (area code 714), so maybe only one.

I read their Free Shipping Over $75 policy and it says ". . . contiguous 48 United States and does not include AK, HI . . .". That is a burn for Jeff and others.

If I had the problem, I might start trying to communicate with the supplier about the opportunity/market they are underserving. After all, like Jeff said, if an order would ship in a FRB regardless, it's no extra cost to send it to AK or HI.

Jeff,
Are there any out-of-state industrial suppliers that have very attractive (low $ or free) shipping policies to AK?

Out of curiosity I did a little research regarding the shipping rate issue.

As I said before, my package was shipped via Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A (NOT Flat Rate).
It was shipped from Huntington Beach, CA, 92649.

I assumed the box weighed 5 pounds and checked the retail rate for that box/weight. Retail postage for the box is $8.38.

For the same box/weight from same zip code to Anchorage (99501), retail postage is $13.54

$13.54 - $8.38 = $5.16 more postage to Anchorage.

I don't know how many fulfillment centers All Industrial has, but their Contact phone number is consistent with Huntington Beach (area code 714), so maybe only one.

I read their Free Shipping Over $75 policy and it says ". . . contiguous 48 United States and does not include AK, HI . . .". That is a burn for Jeff and others.

If I had the problem, I might start trying to communicate with the supplier about the opportunity/market they are underserving. After all, like Jeff said, if an order would ship in a FRB regardless, it's no extra cost to send it to AK or HI.

Jeff,
Are there any out-of-state industrial suppliers that have very attractive (low $ or free) shipping policies to AK?
I don't think it's a big market in AK.

Back