kinda off topic."Sons of guns"

JB Enterprise

Active User
Registered
Did anybody see the latest episode AK Sniper they actually measured headspace with a dial caliber turned on end on top of a rifle case WOW is all I have to say, it probably won't make a difference on an AK but you do that on a high powered rifle and be a couple thou out on headspace your going to have a very bad day.

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central CA.

I missed that episode. I had headspace issues on a Win 70 in .222 Rem. :(

Decided to have it rebarreled to a heavy barrel. Went from a short action, featherweight rifle to a short action varmint rifle. ;D

Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I hate that "show". All it does is give gun owners and REAL gunsmiths a bad name.
A "specialty" gun shop that doesn't own a depth micrometer? Really?
A shop OWNER that doesn't know what a depth micrometer IS? Seriously???

Same shop owner declaring on national TV that chambering a match grade barrel is simple. "This stuff is S-I-M-P-L-E!!!"
(With the standard disclaimer of course - "don't try this at home folks...") Whaaaaaa???

I had heard so many incorrect / misleading / BS statements come out of their mouths, it makes me crazy that they allow this drivel to continue. And from what I seen them produce on camera, they are a bunch of hacks IMO. I haven't seen a weld yet that didn't look like it was done by a 10 year old.

Sorry for the personal rant, and it will be my one and only post on the subject.
Admin/mods feel free to delete if you wish. That one just hits a raw nerve with me. :-[

Re: kinda off topic.

author=Highpower link=topic=2829.msg19548#msg19548 date=1311456127
Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I hate that "show". All it does is give gun owners and REAL gunsmiths a bad name.
A "specialty" gun shop that doesn't own a depth micrometer? Really?
A shop OWNER that doesn't know what a depth micrometer IS? Seriously???

Same shop owner declaring on national TV that chambering a match grade barrel is simple. "This stuff is S-I-M-P-L-E!!!"
(With the standard disclaimer of course - "don't try this at home folks...") Whaaaaaa???

I had heard so many incorrect / misleading / BS statements come out of their mouths, it makes me crazy that they allow this drivel to continue. And from what I seen them produce on camera, they are a bunch of hacks IMO. I haven't seen a weld yet that didn't look like it was done by a 10 year old.

Sorry for the personal rant, and it will be my one and only post on the subject.
Admin/mods feel free to delete if you wish. That one just hits a raw nerve with me. :-[

I also got a queasy feeling as you did. What a shame that they are constantly misrepresenting to the public
the seriousness and technical skills that our interests require and express daily.

I hope someone on the show hears our angst and raises the level of quality.
Perhaps in real life they are not so cavalier and 'Deliverance' banjo players.

Smart man, hard work, excellent subject matter, Will, please have more input into the cutting
and pasting of the show's production.

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited the forum page for this show.

Well, talk about all the **** and vinegar that is written there. It is so political that serious discussion is completely pushed aside. It is just as bad as watching the evening news and the actions of the leaders of the country.

I AGREE WITH HIGHPOWER THE SHOW IS A JOKE, NO DEPTH MIC????

It looked like the one guy (Vince??) wanted the correct tools to do the job. But was over ruled by the guy that writes the checks.

That aside.... Their are people who will never know that they aren't that intelligent. An for the money he made on that gun. He could have bought a GO and NO GO and out of Battery gage. (short background I use to work for Dave Manson.)

Third... Did you notice he used a 1-10" twist!!!! good for big have bullets not a 123 gr bullet.

Also, one episode they couldn't get that Bridgeport to run!!!!

I made a comment on Facebook but no reply. From them a couple guy caught on.

Hey MD You wanna hear something scary that wasn't an ak, upon further inspection that was a saiga in 308. Imagine getting the head spacing off a little in a 308. <>

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central CA.

If you look at half of their supposed ak builds they are all built off of converted saigas, it is about the only way you are going to even get close to a real russian ak since saigas are built at the izmash factory where the akm 100 series of military weapons are built.

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in central Ca.

Back