Kingway type jig for South bend 9

martik777

Active User
Registered
I'm looking for an example of a jig to measure V-way wear on a 9A . The flat horizontal surfaces behind the front V and between the 2 rear V's and the rear vertical surface. all appear unworn. There is too mach wear on the T/S ways to be useful.

Best way to learn how to inspect and scrape in your SB is to take a scraping class from the Master, Richard King.
I learned so much in one week!

Thanks, I've seen those but they all have the cut out tube riding on the V-ways which are worn. I need to indicate off the unworn horizontal and vertical surfaces

Bob?
You want to take this one? You need to identify the original factory surfaces. It sounds like you have identified a good source.
Richard King watches this site, he'll be along.

There are 2 sets of inverted V's, the saddle only rides on the front, so use the back one to put the way alignment tool to measure the front one.

Saddle rides on front and back V's (V1 and V3) T/S rides on 2nd from back V (V2 and F1) All 3 V's are worn, V2 the least.

Plan is to indicate off of surfaces A B C or B C D.bed1.jpg

Last edited:
That picture is the headstock end, no wear there ever, past the chuck there is some wear

If he wants my help he can ask in my forum page at top of categories

Back