Kitchen remodel, appliances?

I ordered my BlueStar range with a 25K BTU burner and agree with everything Mark has said. It brings a pasta or lobster pot to a boil in a snap and is terrific for Asian-style Wok cooking. I'm never going back. My range came with one oven shelf-rack that has ball bearing slides which is great for pulling out an toothpick testing a cake or soufflé for instance without it deflating. The other two shelf-racks are not on bearing slides are are fussy to move in/out compared to a Wolf or the bearing slide version. I'm considering ordering another shelf-rack with bearing slides.

Any good recommendations on toasters, mine is toast and I just got it a few months back.

John

Went with the $30 Cuisinart. Can’t risk not having toast this holiday week.

Any good recommendations on toasters, mine is toast and I just got it a few months back.

John
I have had a Delonghi toaster for about 15 years now that I love. It has 2 long slots that hold 4 pieces of standardized bread but I also frequently use it to toast a couple of long sour dough bread slices from a round sour dough loaf. At the end of the toasting cycle when the toast pops up it does not clear the top of the toaster. This keeps the toast top to bottom until you give the toaster handle a little tap which does push the toast up past the top of the toaster so you can grab it easily. It does great on toast, bagels and chocolate chip cookies.

Back