[4]

Knucklehead Risers And Caps

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

rafe

Active User
Registered
A friend needed risers for his 36 knuck. I had a pair with no caps that I volunteered. I made the caps on the lathe (no mill yet) and made a set of connecting bushings from some bushings from God knows what. I had to rethread them on the lathe and they worked great . In the pictures I just mocked them up and the right one is reversed and not bolted on, they are held on with recessed allens. I clamped them together and reamed them for a better fit and they polished up great....The front end with risers is on the bike now and looks real good! pauls knuckle 004.JPG pauls knuckle 003.JPG

Whyemier

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Reminds me of when I usta be done did ride.

randyc

Active User
Registered
Hey Rafe, is that the right size handlebar for those clamps ? Nice front end, BTW, any chance of seeing the bike when it's back together ?

rafe

Active User
Registered
Hey Rafe, is that the right size handlebar for those clamps ? Nice front end, BTW, any chance of seeing the bike when it's back together ?
Yes they are , although not as they appear in the picture ,they were not quite done, I had to figure out how to actually make the top clamps without a mill. I squared up the blocks and clamped them together and then drilled them (it) on the lathe, but I didn't have the bars so I kept them a little shy on purpose ...That is what you see ....after the picture I measured the bars, bolted the two halves together and drilled and reamed them...They fit perfectly....The bike is together, I'll see if he will let me post it!

[6]
[5] [7]