Knucklehead Risers And Caps

rafe

Active User
Registered
A friend needed risers for his 36 knuck. I had a pair with no caps that I volunteered. I made the caps on the lathe (no mill yet) and made a set of connecting bushings from some bushings from God knows what. I had to rethread them on the lathe and they worked great . In the pictures I just mocked them up and the right one is reversed and not bolted on, they are held on with recessed allens. I clamped them together and reamed them for a better fit and they polished up great....The front end with risers is on the bike now and looks real good!pauls knuckle 004.JPG pauls knuckle 003.JPG

Hey Rafe, is that the right size handlebar for those clamps ? Nice front end, BTW, any chance of seeing the bike when it's back together ?

Hey Rafe, is that the right size handlebar for those clamps ? Nice front end, BTW, any chance of seeing the bike when it's back together ?
Yes they are , although not as they appear in the picture ,they were not quite done, I had to figure out how to actually make the top clamps without a mill. I squared up the blocks and clamped them together and then drilled them (it) on the lathe, but I didn't have the bars so I kept them a little shy on purpose ...That is what you see ....after the picture I measured the bars, bolted the two halves together and drilled and reamed them...They fit perfectly....The bike is together, I'll see if he will let me post it!

Back