Knurled Tool

Oskar, I had one of the Hemingway kits and the machining is not too extensive - mostly drilling holes and some general shaping on the knurl arms (helps to have a mill). BUT - I, like Mikey, have a Sherline lathe and mill and this knurler is, in my opinion, wayyyyy to big for my little Sherline! So, I made one like Mikey made and it works great like he said - my only change to his design was to make it for a QCTP. I'm not familiar with the Taig lathe - so don't know if it would be too big for that lathe, but check out the specs on the Hemingway site to be sure - - I'd send you the kit I bought, but i've already given it away to another guy.

Glad to hear your experience Dave, thanks

I have decided against Hemingway Kits because as Mike said it’s too expensive when you include the shipping cost and I agree.

I considered making the Knurl tool for my QCTP but I think it will be more stable if I do it as Mike’s however my cross slide on my mini lathe is only 3.75” long so I have to change some dimensions. I made a model in MDF and I’m working now to find the optimal dimensions.

Nicolas

What was shipping to CAN?
$12 to the states.

He said when I click to place the order I will see the total cost (excluding the VAT tax) and including the shipping cost and I have the option to cancel the order before I click ok but to get there I have to input my VISA numbers and I don't want that. I would say $12 sound right

Yeah. With the CAN dollar it would be a little pricey. With shipping and buying knurls it would be ~$100 I bet.

Back