Köping S10c Metal Lathe Questions And Advice Solicited

The T-nut is just that, a nut. The stud screws into it. Your compound does not require the T-nut, it already has a provision for the stud to screw into.

Looks like a CA size tool post will fit that stud provided it's not over 1" in diameter.

Hi Shiner, it looks like you are all set. Both my lathes had a similar post arrangement. I chose to make a new stud (had to disassemble the compound to install it). You may be able to just make a locating sleeve and buy a nut. I don't even use a locking pin - snug the center bolt and the tool post stays put. I did make up a thin washer with a raised rim for underneath the tool post, so that the clamping force is further out.

Ken is probably right that a "CA" ought to be about right. I have a CXA on my 15" lathe. Double check your center height requirements. It all depends on how high your compound is relative to the center line.

Went out and measured my CA tool post. It's 7/8" dia stud, not 1" as I previously said. The height of the tool post is about 5". I would guess yours was set up for a CA post originally. Ken

Thanks for all the replies! It appears that a CA toolpost will work great. I disassembled the compound today, cleaned everything and put it back together. My neighbor had no motors that would suit this, so I'm still looking. I'll keep posting . Really, thanks a bunch for the replies, this is great!
J

Back