Kondia owners? Clausing Kondia standard head manual machine owners?

Ropata

Registered
Registered
Just arrived in my garage is this lightly used Kondia FV1. Any owners on here with some helpful info on parts and spares would be greatly appreciated. My main concern at the moment is the auto quill feature. As you can see from the video , I'm not sure if I can't work it out or It's broken. I'm also keen to hear if the old oil recommendations have modern equivalents
?

There is a lot to cover here.
I'll start on the right and work to the left.
The small lever on the right side activates the whole down feed system. The threaded rod on the very front is also part of the down feed system. There are small levers at the top and bottom of this rod. These parts must all move freely. The quill must be slightly lowered to engage the feed. The lever on the front that moves left to right engages the feed. Move it to the right to engage. The depth of cut is set with the quill stop on the threaded rod on the front. This will make the feed lever kick out automatically. The small lever on the left side controls the feed rate.

I use bar and chain oil on everything that requires oil and on the back of the head there should be a plug or a grease fitting, probably marked with a "B", that hole takes grease.

I hope that I didn't miss anything.
Good luck mate!
John

I did miss one thing. The rod that is missing a knob on the end is a push pull controll for the direction of feed (up, down, and neutral).

Thanks for the great advise. I've been playing around all day and it seems the engagement handle won't stay in. I'll post a video shortly.

The threaded rod/quill stop/2 levers/button to the top right of the threaded rod is most likely stuck in the kick out position. Pull or pry up on the threaded rod, it should move about 1/4".

I think i see what you mean, I'll play around some more.

Back