KTM handlebar risers

09kevin

Forum Guest
Register Today
Hello,

Thought I would share a few pictures of one of my projects, I made these on my Tormach mill.

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking risers. I like the design, the way they interlock like that.
Nice work

Very sharp! Is that your design? Did you make it that way so you could adjust the height of the bars by replacing the bar mounts with taller ones? I'd like to hear a little more on the reasoning for these.

I've seen the ads for the Tormach but haven't seen anyone produce anything with one, very impressive.

-Ron

Hi Ron,

It is my own design. I am just a little over 6 feet tall so I found the handlebars were a little too low for me so I decided to make the risers, I have seen similar ones for sale but they didn't have any engraving or raised letters on them. Thought it would be neat to have something that no one else has.

Here is a link to one of the videos I made, These risers are for a DR350 Suzuki. I ended up making 5 sets for my friends. I sped up the video so its only around 3 minutes long, I have a short attention span :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GqOFsSvMkY

Kevin

Hi Ron,

It is my own design. I am just a little over 6 feet tall so I found the handlebars were a little too low for me so I decided to make the risers, I have seen similar ones for sale but they didn't have any engraving or raised letters on them. Thought it would be neat to have something that no one else has.

Here is a link to one of the videos I made, These risers are for a DR350 Suzuki. I ended up making 5 sets for my friends. I sped up the video so its only around 3 minutes long, I have a short attention span :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GqOFsSvMkY

Kevin

That's cool. I have a bit of a problem getting a bike to "fit" me as well (I'm 6'2") and it's gotten more important as I gotten older and developed all kinds of back trouble. Making a couple sets of risers is one of the first things on my list when I get the new mill up and running. I've got two bikes in the works at the moment, one "rat" bike with a HD '79 Shovel motor and a HD '79 FXE "basket case".

Keep up the good work :thumbzup:

-Ron

Great work! I have a KTM ('05 450exc) and I just replaced my DR350 (I've actually owned 3 of them) with a DRZ400sm.......what I need now is a mill and to cnc one of my lathes......

Wow. Another thing I could make if I had my own CNC mill. My 990 ADV is begging for a set of risers!

Back