Kurt DX6 for PM-1054TV but which one?

jeremysf

Registered
Registered
I’m interested in buying a new Kurt DX6 but I’m a little confused about what versions are floating around. Revision B? 2021 model? With work holder or not included in the box?

Does anyone know the skinny on DX6 variants and the best place to buy the “latest” revision of Kurt DX6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Google search produced this site which has a phone number

I bought my DX6 off of Amazon Prime. Their price was one of the lowest and free shipping on a vice that heavy is a significant savings.

Kurt DX6, Revision B. This is a refinement of the "CrossOver" vise. Check it out on All Industrial Tool Supply (SKU 50000037). $45 shipping.

From looking at it, I don't think the Revision B is different enough to prefer it (and the removable fixed jaw has the advantage of being surface grindable if it needs rebuilding in a few decades). I'd probably suggest just finding whichever is cheapest/easiest to get.

I really don't understand the "reduced blowing back of chips and coolant to the operator". How would a cast in stationary jaw help with that? It looks about the same, though there could a non-obvious reason. I find I'm more likely to get hit with chips just flying off the cutter, the jaw wouldn't make a difference. And adjustable chip shields are easy enough to make. Perhaps a full coolant setup would make the difference, I just use a mister.

Looking over the blog post, I don't see a big reason to care either way really. The bolted stationary might be easier to work on if the vise needs rebuilding, but if you already have to grind the ways and jaw faces, I guess having it done in place isn't that big of a difference. I imagine it saves Kurt a couple of bucks.

On the Kurt DX6, many individuals have purchased the scratch/dent and often can't even find the flaw. Free FedEx ground shipping (US only), at $540.75 worth looking at. The DX6 is also a bit more compact then the older D688 style.
www.kurtworkholding.com

Kurt DX6® CrossOver® Vise - DX6-SD

These vises have minor porosity in the body and/or the movable jaws. This does not effect the functionality or the...
www.kurtworkholding.com
www.kurtworkholding.com

One thing I never figured out... What do you mean by "workholder" included in the box?

Back