Kurt Vise...best Place To Buy?

I think the eBay prices are usually out of hand on used Kurts, sometimes 80-90% of the cost of new for a decades old, worn-out vise. I bought my new D688 directly from Kurt for $410.00, delivered to my door. They have a "Scratch and Dent" section that sells vises that have minor cosmetic flaws, they are fully functional warrantee and all, for nice a discount.
Thanks for the heads up on scratch and dent.

I wish Enco was still around...Best I am finding on a 4" Kurt is $489 plus shipping. Will continue to still look at the options posted above.

Don't forget craigslist. that's where i bought mine. Great deal for an almost new kurt

don't forget bidspotter and proxibid there some up there now, including 10" models. don't forget shipping, they are heavy!!!!!!! I won two 8" vises, from Arizona to Hampton, va $300($480 all said and done, still a great price for a kurt and unknown vise) and you'll have to find someone to pick it up and get it to the shipper, if they don't pick up. I posted on craigslist for someone to pick up another of my auctions and offered $50, got my stuff shipped. :)

Sine up for emails at Glacern They have good sales from time to time. I think they are just as good as Kurt. I know they sure look nicer than the last new Kurt I saw.

Coupon Code: 15OFF200 - $15 off orders $200 or more
Coupon Code: 100OFF850 - $100 off orders $850 or more
Coupon Code: 40OFFGROUND - $40 off UPS Ground Shipping (Orders $200+ / contiguous US only)

Last edited:
Plus 1 for Craigslist . I got a nice 6" for $200
Randy

4" Kurt vise is very rear in the used market.

Thanks for all the replies. Like the look of the Glacern, but starting to get in the zone of...."do I pony up for a Kurt" or do i spend the $150 (delta) on something else. Any experience with the HOMGE that Matt sells at Precision Matthews? It comes with a swivel at is about $250....

Here it is see what ya think, have no complaints and it's blue too !IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

I don't have a Kurt. I've bought 3 Chinese ones. Two of them came from Grizzly. A 4" that I had to clean the sand out of & machine out the casting to bolt it down because the cast mold leaked. Then I had to face off the top off the bolts to get clearance so it could spin. It still turned tearable so I faced the shoulder of the bolts & sanded the underside. It was a bunch of unexpected work but worth the money I saved. I then took the 6" out & it had a bent lead screw along with other problems so I called Grizzly to pick up the 6".

I bought my next 6" from Enco. I have no complaint about it. MSC may have something. I know they offered me 30% off my total order the other day. I didn't have any needs at that time tho. I've yet to order since they merged Enco to MSC.

Back