Kurt vise lift

fillister

Registered
Registered
Getting older is a pain, just tired of lifting the vise off of the mill and carrying it over to a free table top. I had this old heavy duty wall mount for a plasma tv and a day to play. Mounted the articulating arm to the column of my drill press "it's on wheels" bent the plate on my press break and a little lathe work and in a short time its all done

DSCN5030.JPG DSCN5031.JPG DSCN5032.JPG DSCN5033.JPG DSCN5033.JPG DSCN5034.JPG DSCN5035.JPG

That was a great idea! You will be very happy every time you move your vise.

I decided to do something similar to Fillister.

I originally built the handle, in the foreground, that clamped between the jaws of my 6" Kurt, which made it a little easier to lift. But I've since acquired a Skyhook crane that can do the lifting for me, saving my back.

I had the aluminum angle and the lifting eye lying around. Just needed to buy the 1/2-13 hardware, so it cost very little.

I eye-balled the CG balance point, and left some room if I need to relocate the lifting eye. The next time I need to move the vise off the table I'll get a good read on the CG.

New_vise_lift.jpg

Getting older is a pain, just tired of lifting the vise off of the mill and carrying it over to a free table top. I had this old heavy duty wall mount for a plasma tv and a day to play. Mounted the articulating arm to the column of my drill press "it's on wheels" bent the plate on my press break and a little lathe work and in a short time its all done

View attachment 226845View attachment 226846View attachment 226847View attachment 226848View attachment 226848View attachment 226849View attachment 226850

Looks like an old craftsman vacuum in the last pic.

I decided to do something similar to Fillister.

I originally built the handle, in the foreground, that clamped between the jaws of my 6" Kurt, which made it a little easier to lift. But I've since acquired a Skyhook crane that can do the lifting for me, saving my back.

Picture the angle plate reversed left to right and clamped in the vise jaws; that is what I did, no bolts necessary.

View attachment 256054

Back