L-00 Stuff for my Leblond - where is it all at?

joe_m

Active User
Registered
Sorry if this has been beaten to death in a previous thread, but "L-00" is too short to appear in the search, and L-00 Chuck brings up everything with chuck.

My Leblond 13" lathe takes a L-00 adapter. The only chuck I have that fits is a big 3-jaw chuck. I want a smaller 4-jaw chuck (5-6") but can't find anything inepensive with an L-00 backplate. I also want to slap on one of those cheap 5" 5C collet chucks but I'm stuck with the same problem - nobody selling an inexpensive L-00 backplate. Anyone else got this type of spindle and knows where all the 5" stuff is hiding? I'm living on a military retirement check so the theme is cheap.

thanks
Joe M.

Joe

Check here for chucks http://www.tools4cheap.net/products.php?cat=15

And Here for the collet chuck http://www.tools4cheap.net/search.php

I just ordered the 5C chuck, I called him first to see if he had any problems with his he said know. Also said he would take it back if there was.

I'll have to wait on the back plate till the 1st of the month.

For what its worth I've been happy with the tooling I've got from him.

Paul

Did you ever find what you needed for your Leblond? I have a L00 backing plate, as well as a L00 faceplate. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you more details. Thanks

I found a generic 5C chuck and bought an oversized backplate and turned it down to size. With that and my 3-jaw I'm good for now.

Joe

Did you ever find what you needed for your Leblond? I have a L00 backing plate, as well as a L00 faceplate. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you more details. Thanks
I'm looking for an L-00 face plate and backing plate. Is there any chance you still have them?

I have the same problem with my Collchester's L0 spindle. I have a adapters for my 3 and 4 jaw chucks, but would like one for a 5C collet chuck. I think 8ntsane has a great idea, as I understand it make the threaded portion of the backing plate first, cut the keyway and then bolt (or weld?) the faceplate onto it. True up the faceplate while mounted on the spindle and you have your L1, L0, L00 or whatever backing plate. Be a fun project and money in the bank.
Michael

Back