• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

L&S Lathe

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

greenhornet-1

Active User
Well i purchased an AVS 1408 last week for $500.00. It has an Aloris CXA tool holder and a bucket full of tooling. There isn't much info on the net about these lathes. It had a DC motor on it but has been converted to a 3 phase motor. The guy also has a horizontal mill he wan'ts 500 for but i cant see a need for it. May buy it to resell and keep the phase converter for myself!

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I was just looking at one of those on Ebay- they wanted 3k though, and it looked pretty worn, pretty rough. Show us a picture when you get a chance!
Mark S.

greenhornet-1

Active User
When i get it home. The guy thats going to move it for me is out of town working. He has a truck with a crane mounted on it. He sayes it will pick up 9000 lbs so i should be ok.

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Use care, it's a hefty machine. Make sure the carriage and tailstock are locked down. Keep fingers and feet clear.
Slow and safe gets it done.
Mark S.

[6]
[5] [7]