Label Maker...recommendations?

tmenyc

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The time has come for me to get a label maker, and telling them apart is tough. I'm looking at the Dymo 160, largely because it appears to be the simplest one that prints 1/4" wide labels, which may be the only important factor I know at this point.
Curious to know what you use and why/how it works/doesn't work for you? If it's AAA powered, how fast does it consume batteries?

Many thanks, much appreciated.

Tim

I have the Dymo Rhino 4200. It has a lot of flexibility, like up to 1/2" labels and can do heat shrink labels. Otherwise they're pretty simple. The new Dymo is very good on batteries, which is nice compared to the antique Brother label maker that fell from my butter finger grip onto my shop floor, scattering ten directions. I was happy for that little mishap. That thing would eat 4xAAs in an hour. With the Dymo, I've been using it for a year and haven't changed the batteries yet.

I have 2 Brother P-touch. I love 'em, paid $1 each at the local thrift shop. I don't like the way they waste tape, but I work around it. Brother cleverly reversed the polarity on the AC adapter port. I cleverly rewired an adapter. I don't even put batteries in them. Don't know about 1/4" tape.

I also have the brother p touch. It uses tape cassets . Tape size varys fro 1/4" to 1" in a several colors red yellow white black and clear.You can select many symbols , borders arrows, too many to list here. . Lots of options check their web site for all the tape s avaiable. The cassets are a little pricey from a dealer but aftermarket ones are avaiable. My takes 8 AA batteries. Battery longevity depends on how much you use it it. But an AC adapter comes with the unit

I also use the P Touch, first one quit working after years of use, got a new one; I have labeled all the multitude of drawers in my shop except the Gerstner box, and spend much less time opening drawers looking for things. I would recommend the label maker to anyone.

Yep, P-Touch. And get the aftermarket tapes, they work fine and are so much cheaper - it must impact Brother’s consumables business substantially.

P-Touch for me as well. BUT, the aftermarket tapes I bought all were of terrible quality. SO, I buy the Brother genuine tapes. They work great. Many color/clear/size options. Maybe I need to look at other aftermarket tape makers. -Bill

Another P touch vote. I have two.

I had been looking at the P touch series, what models do you guys use?

Back