Label Maker...recommendations?

Boswell

Hobby Machinist since 2010
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have two P-touch label makers, one for the electronics shop and one for the metal shop. The one near at hand is the oldest(Many years old) and is a model PT-2430 PC. I love it and use it a lot. I have a large inventory of different tape sizes and colors. I highly recommend it.

Lo-Fi

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I quite like my Dymo embossing label maker. The great thing is there are no batteries - it's purely mechanical - and it was inexpensive. The labels are sturdy too.

tmenyc

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Love this forum...now I'm only looking at two brands. Will probably go with the Brother for its range of use.

Thanks!
Tim

Boswell

Hobby Machinist since 2010
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Here is another quick example of why I like the Brother system. I just 3d-printed these wood router bit holders and quickly created labels for them using the 1" label tape. I just grabbed the image from the mfg website and added the text
20211025_093204.jpg

aliva

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
On my bolt bin I added pictures of the contents to the lable. When looking for a particular fastener or washer, my brain proscceses pictures fatser that the written word. Try it you'd be amazed how much easier it is.
Where i used to work I did the same on the bolt and pipe fitings bins, and Im taking about 100+ bins

Last edited:
It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock