Label Maker...recommendations?

I have two P-touch label makers, one for the electronics shop and one for the metal shop. The one near at hand is the oldest(Many years old) and is a model PT-2430 PC. I love it and use it a lot. I have a large inventory of different tape sizes and colors. I highly recommend it.

Love this forum...now I'm only looking at two brands. Will probably go with the Brother for its range of use.

Thanks!
Tim

Here is another quick example of why I like the Brother system. I just 3d-printed these wood router bit holders and quickly created labels for them using the 1" label tape. I just grabbed the image from the mfg website and added the text
20211025_093204.jpg

On my bolt bin I added pictures of the contents to the lable. When looking for a particular fastener or washer, my brain proscceses pictures fatser that the written word. Try it you'd be amazed how much easier it is.
Where i used to work I did the same on the bolt and pipe fitings bins, and Im taking about 100+ bins

Last edited:
On most of these label printers, it is possible to change the settings so that there is not so much blank tape at each end of your label. there are often Youtube videos on how to do this.

I couldn't find my label printer the other day when I was installing a new dash cam so I printed some on regular printer paper and used clear shrink tubing to secure them to the wires.

We have a zebra ups printer and the free version of software.

Down side is thermal but can make lots of labels.

Spreadsheet does not print well bet access does, making inventory database that will print the bin box labels.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

On my bolt bin I added pictures of the contents to the lable. When looking for a particular fastener or washer, my brain proscceses pictures fatser that the written word. Try it you'd be amazed how much easier it is.
I've noticed that on the pipe fitting bins at the big box hardware stores. Makes it much faster to find that they are out of what you need.

With a Brother (P-touch?) on hand, as well as a Dymo that uses distorted plastic. . . I even have a Dymo that prints Braille, although it doesn't get used any more. With all those label makers at hand, I use "painter's" tape and a good sharp Sharpie. Beyond the advantage of not needing a battery change or line power or a squeeze, the Sharpie can make different sized characters as needed. With a little foresight making all labels the same (large) size and an old school drafting class learning lettering, labels are a very small worry. My biggest issue is keeping "similar" parts in the same general area, screws over here, transistors over there.

As far as I can tell Brother owns the label maker market, I couldn't even tell you another brand of label maker. I'm actually surprised the Dymo is even still around, I haven't seen one of those in years.

Back