Ladder clamp.

I have been thinking of something like that for my drill press depth stop. It takes way to long to adjust it now.....

I don't think these would work for that. Until they are threaded against something they just kind of flop around and with the vibration of the drill press it would just fall down to the bottom of your depth stop. You would be better off with a push button nut.

I don't think these would work for that. Until they are threaded against something they just kind of flop around and with the vibration of the drill press it would just fall down to the bottom of your depth stop. You would be better off with a push button nut.

Right. Was thinking about a pair together on top.

Alternately, I'll have to figure out how the push button ones are made......

There is a much simpler way if you have a mill.It can be done on a drill press too.I replaced the threaded rod that the nuts run on for a rod that had a slot milled along the length of the rod . On this I put a nut with a little lever that just tightens a bolt into the slot.Very simple and very effective. For finer adjustment you could put a nut on top of it with a fine pitch like 1mm or 0,5mm for fine depth stop tuning.
Hope the pic explains it better. Copied from a guy living in S Africa who has lots of clever ideas.
quill nut.jpg

Alternately, I'll have to figure out how the push button ones are made......
See the "Educated nut" thread ;
...which includes this video:

Back