Lady Taylor

loveengineering

Registered
Registered
hey guys,
my names Jordan and i am 20 years old, i am currently in my 3rd year as an apprentice fitter.

i made this 4 cyl steam engine in my 3 month probation period for my apprenticeship.

it started off as an exersize to challenge me by making a 4 offset crank shaft, and it just went from their.

im very proud of 'Lady Taylor' who was built in December 2011.... yeahp shes an old girl! ;)

my mentor Jos Verschuren has shown me all that i know ( with more to learn of course) un fortunately he passed away this year from the big C.
now i strive to become as smart and switched on as he was and challenge myself, be sure to check out my V8 motor build its 136 mm long....

hope you like Lady Taylor!
20140509_182837.jpg20140509_182849.jpg20140509_182856.jpg

cheers,
jordan

20140509_182837.jpg 20140509_182849.jpg 20140509_182856.jpg

Jordan, your mentor is proud of what you have accomplished. I am sure of it!

Jordan, your mentor is proud of what you have accomplished. I am sure of it!

thanks bud.

he was the brains behind lady taylor, i started my v8 project with him and when he got sick i just couldnt look at it, now that hes watching over im just to dedicated to getting it running, what also makes me want to get it going is the older generation at work saying 'you cant do that you stupid apprentice' but any way.

ill be sure to get that thread going in the next few days.

Wow AWESOME! Beautiful! Can you shoot some video of it moving someday?

Bernie

Magnificent workmanship. You had a very special mentor.

Jordan,
You can do anything you set your mind too. Don't worry about proving the neighsayers wrong, the proof will be in the pudding when your engine runs. Your Mentor will be very proud and you are tasked by him to pass on your knowledge to another apprentice later on. You will end up in the role of mentor and it sounds like it will suit you well. So don't give up, just keep plugging along and let your projects speak for you!!!

Bob

Nice work Jordan
Is the Lady based on plans or your own design?
Look forward to seeing your V8. What will it be based on?

cheers Phil

thanks bud.

he was the brains behind lady taylor, i started my v8 project with him and when he got sick i just couldnt look at it, now that hes watching over im just to dedicated to getting it running, what also makes me want to get it going is the older generation at work saying 'you cant do that you stupid apprentice' but any way.

ill be sure to get that thread going in the next few days.

Hey, don't worry about the old guys giving you a hard time. I think they are just trying to see if you are made of the right stuff, and based on what I see here you definitely have the skills. Just show them your work and they'll probably start showing you some of their better tricks. Remember, these guys were apprentices once too and probably had the old guys back then riding them as well.

Nice work Jordan
Is the Lady based on plans or your own design?
Look forward to seeing your V8. What will it be based on?

cheers Phil

no mate, no plans with lady taylor, just a few drafts on the back of a few old payslips..

the v8s not really based on anything, i just decided to make a crank shaft after setting up my lathe at home as a test run and thought, why not
thats pretty well how lady taylor started. im making the thread now!

i will get to up uploading a video of lady taylor running.

cheers jordan

Back