Lagunmatic CNC machine why not!

I'll just mention this so you are aware. this would be a good candidate to go top shelf and get a Camsoft control. This control uses a Galil control card for real time control feedback to the encoders for accurate position sensing. WAY more ability than other PC controls.

it is spendy and a bit more difficult to install. I am biased. After doing a couple AHHA stepper controls, and a Mach 2 control, I moved up to Camsoft. its like going from the pony express to airmail.

Started oreding stuff. Orderd a vfd off amazon, its a Lapond, I had a really good experience with my first Lapond vfd running my first lathe. Ordered the kflop/kanalog board. Im going to try and run a touchscreen, that seems pretty slick. Have to order one those too. And tooling, I dont have any 40taper tooling. :confused:. Also ordered a 6" vice off amazon too.
Better be worth it, so far with fuel, trailer rental, vice, motion control boards, vfd, Im out some serious monies after getting the machine homeo_O. Still have to purchase touch screen and mach4. And buy or build a draw bar, and build or buy a powerdraw bar. oh boy.

Time to sit down with the Kflop/Kanalog manual and figure out how to wire this thing up. :)

So far I've just done dismantling and a little cleaning. Removed the table. There is some dried coolant in there making it a little sticky. Just going to give it a nice cleaning. The ways look real good.

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_220519118.jpg
    IMG_20191029_220519118.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20191029_220934042.jpg
    IMG_20191029_220934042.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 28
Rearanged the electrical box, pulled all the 3phase stuff out and am starting to figure out how to wire up the Kanalog. And thats where Im hitting my first wall.
JimDawson was kind enough to send over the manual for the ServoDynamics 1525 amplifiers. I partially understand most of it. lol
Ive spent the last two days trying to find more info on the kanalog wiring diagrams. This is where Ive hit a wall. I dont know what or where to plug anything into the Kanalog board. I thought finding Kanalog infor would have been the easier part. Looked on the dynomotionwiki page, but wasnt able to find anything specific

this help?

Yup!
Thats pretty much what I was looking for and couldnt find .
Thanks Jim.
We'll see how far I get this time lol

Only more confusing....lol
Ill try and start with something simple
so on one of the driver boards (page 7 of the manual) there are a few wires pluged into J1. Using slots 3,4,8,11,14,15.
#3 Tach Input- Used for tach input only, this input has additional tach filtering and conditioning - single ended.
#4 signal common used as a common when pins 1 2 and 3 of J1 are used as imputs
#8 Remote Shutdown
#11 Power supply common and ground
#14&15 limit switch overtravel

These where plugged into part of the old controller. I dont understand the verbage here and how it connects to what on the Kanalog.

This is simple..... If you have been working with this stuff for the last 35 or 40 years like I have :grin: It can be a bit daunting if you have not seen the nomenclature before, and trying translate between the Kanalog manual and the SD manual.

Pin 2 (signal input) is where you will connect the Kanalog JP11, DAC_10V for each axis. DAC means Digital to Analog Converter, and in this case +/- 10 Volt output
Pin 4 (signal common) is where you will connect the Kanalog JP11, GND

Pin 3 is where the motor tachometer + connects
Pin 4 (signal common) is where the motor tachometer - connects.
(these two should already be connected)

Pin 8 can be used as an enable, inhibits the drive output when pulled to ground.
Don't worry about the other pins for now.

Back