Lagunmatic CNC machine why not!

Feel like I'm getting close to at least trying to turn a servo.
Got X axis servo driver and encoder wired, Kflop is wired 5v and 12v and hooked to the computer.
I've got to to track down a few wires that go to the power on button that powered the servos on. I think. I'm not sure what power source this is connected to. Track that down tomorrow and then firgure out some software stuff then work on limit switches. Are my next few steps.

I was successul in getting the 24v dc power buttons to work. I was successul in gettting my computer talking to the kflop board. I feel like these where some big hurdles. Off to the next hurtle. Which might have been part of the original death of this machine...lol When the fagor control box was plugged into the axis the power switch would not turn anything on. Hold the button down and the servo amplifiers would power on, but not stay on. Unplug the fagor control box, press the power button and the servo amplifiers would stay on by themselves. hmm. As of today, the servo amplifiers only stay on when the power button is held down. Im wondering if this has something to do with the limit switches. The Y axis limit switches I can hear click and then make a annoying alarm type sound? The y axis limit switches are dripping with oil...so could be a problem. Another dumb noob question are the limit switches plugged in to the kanalog board or are they supposed to be lugged into the servo amplifier cards? This machine has two differnent style of switches. I found a fried limit switch on the z axis.

Jim is a miracle worker, but I don't think even he can trace wiring over the 'net.

My suggestion, you got too big a problem, break it down to bite size chunks. leave the belts off the servos, jump all the limit switches. There may be other stuff you can jumper. See if you can get the servos to power when hitting the reset, then stop on Estop. Only when you got that, look at adding more devieces.

Just the concept here, adjust for your situation.

Karl

It could be that the limit switches are connected to the servo enable circuit.

I would expect a click sound from a limit switch, but I have never heard a limit switch make an alarm sound. Normally the limit switches are sealed so some oil should not be a problem.

I would expect the limit switches to be plugged into the Kanalog board.

Small snap switches are common on the Z axis, the X and Y axes should have more conventional limit switches.

thanks for the quick replies!
I was mistaken its not the limit switches. It was the Y axis motor that is making noise. Its got a roller looking type limit switch for X and Y and some click lever or the Z.
I just took apart the Y axis limit switches and they look fine inside their box was dry. The outside is under the saddle and it was pretty dirty.
See if you can get the servos to power when hitting the reset, then stop on Estop
Thats the general idea Im working at. I have the belts off ;)
I might have the limit switches wired in on accident. There was a 3phase contact starter that had some 24vdc wires controling part of it. I might have tied the wrong 24v wires together.

Im thinking pull all the limit switch wiring, if they need to be rewired to the kanalog board any.?

I got a servo to turn. This is not the normal good news, this is bad news. lol. I have the X axis pluged into the kanalog and X servo amplifier and X axis encoder wired. I unluged all the limit switches, and unpluged the Y axis from its servo amplifier card,sense it was making the noise. Turn on the power switch, and the Y axis servo starts to spin.....lol Wrong axis! wrong Button! but Im making a little progress. Going look over the 24v dc system again tomorrow and try and figure out what and where more of the relays go and do. I think my mystery lies in there somewhere.

OOPS :) A little wiring error, we've all been there.

My machine has lost like 20lbs of copper wire.....lol
2 things that are probably simple but I dont understand.
1)The ServoDynamics board, I can figure out what power supply this runs off of or where it comes from
2) The 5v supply for the encoders coming off the kanalog board. I dont have anything. Im guessing Im suppose to run 5v to this? Or The board is supposed to be grounded? I thought the 5v running to the kflop would have taken care of this?

Back