LAMBERT-HEALD horizontal with RUSNOK MILL head.

Looks like a nice machine. I too would like to get a combo vertical/horizontal mill.

Not that it would matter, but my first question would be whether the motor itself is a 110v motor and the VFD is just a single phase speed controller. Or whether the motor is 3 phase and the VFD is a full single to 3-phase converter.

Like I say, for me this wouldn't matter either way. I'd buy it anyway. But it is a question worth asking.

Actually, for me, it might be better if the motor actually does run on 110v. Then if the VFD ever goes bad you can still run it on 110v and just go back to changing belt pulleys when you need to change speed.

Looks like a great machine. Clean as a whistle and the table is beautiful.
I have an Industrolite Hor/Vert mill made in Oregon. It's about the same size.
Go for it.

I've been watching it for a while. My concern has to do with the homemade mount the head is mounted on. There is no provision for nod and who knows who did the mount and whether it was done accurately.

The problem with CL is things look nicer than they are. It's also obviously been spruced up and that's a red flag with me. I've seen too many times where the paint was to cover up something.

And IMHO it's way too much $$ as there are several BP's for that much, or less. That's just my opinion. If it's all ok and not hiding something it could be potentially a nice machine but once again because it's a hobby mill the price is inflated. Did you see there is another similar machine on CL based on a Benchmaster with a similar head and once again about the same price?

Nice little unit. Conversions like that tend to have limited Z travel, can be an issue for drilling. I use collets a lot on my Diamond/Rotex
Mark

I've been watching it for a while. My concern has to do with the homemade mount the head is mounted on. There is no provision for nod and who knows who did the mount and whether it was done accurately.

The problem with CL is things look nicer than they are. It's also obviously been spruced up and that's a red flag with me. I've seen too many times where the paint was to cover up something.

And IMHO it's way too much $$ as there are several BP's for that much, or less. That's just my opinion. If it's all ok and not hiding something it could be potentially a nice machine but once again because it's a hobby mill the price is inflated. Did you see there is another similar machine on CL based on a Benchmaster with a similar head and once again about the same price?

I was thinking the same about cover up and mount. Ill be that way on Sunday and will check it out. I would love getting a BP but would need some serious garage organization.

The good thing is I have access to an Enco 9x42 at work so I am in no rush.

I was thinking the same about cover up and mount. Ill be that way on Sunday and will check it out. I would love getting a BP but would need some serious garage organization.

I didn't want to cast dispersion's but I learned the hard way about clean & shiny. Add the new stuff fever and it's a recipe for buyers remorse. I know it's sacrilege but I don't want a BP because of the size and the horrendous logistics. Most folks it's just part of the deal but I've not done anything my old beat up RF30 can't handle and after all this time I know my envelope. There was a BP clone not 10mi away that looked really nice for $500 and I couldn't justify it. I know, sacrilege. This machine your looking at really appeals but for the price. And you gotta know as "revered" as Rustok is you don't see parts come up for them hardly ever. I worry about that too. Helps keep a lid on my inner hoarder. Good luck with the traffic and the mill.

So looking at the Mill today, it was very nice. Ways we’re in great shape, cut fast and clean. VFD was awesome and based on the cut, sturdy and accurate. I loved it but for 2k, I feel the size and price is to close to a J head.

So no flex in the price?

He may but I didn’t ask. Didn’t feel it was what I wanted.

The Rusnok head is not the model 70. He said was the heavier one. The Tag said model ST. Was a 3 phase motor for the head but the VFD converted the 110. My big concern, I did not take a dial indicator. The head is bolted to a pipe with a flangethat is welded together. I’m not sure about how precise it would be it you tilted the head or just for true vertical. For a hobby this would be an awesome machine. the weld did look real good but didn’t appear the flange was put on a lathe and tried before welded up.

Last edited:
Back