Lame attempt at making indexing chuck

Ron aka ScrapMetal,

Sorry about this but have updated the PDF file as I found a couple of mistakes that I felt should be changed.

http://www.f-m-s.dk/VERNIER INDEXER.pdf

Ron, I suggest you check before putting it in again as sometimes it takes longer than other to go through the internet. Never figured out why that is :(

Gordon

It's no problem Gordon as it doesn't take much to put it up, a few mouse clicks. I included the updates in the above post so that the erroneous one is no longer visible.

The speed "through the internet" may have something to do with your host/server. Chances are that it scans this type of file for viruses before "passing them on".

-Ron

There is a Pi error in the .pdf. Pi is ~3.1416, not ~3.1406. Don't know what effect it will have on your vernier project, but it's there.

Well, since you only ran it out to 4 decimal places, that's all I gave as well. I think most people realize that it is a non-repeating, non-terminating, irrational, transcendental numerical expression of the ratio of the circumference of a circle to it's diameter.

It'd be nice if someone came up with suggestions re the vernier indexer or is it just not interesting?

Gordon

Gordon, this thread has went from "my lame attempt at making an indexig chuck" through several different styles/methods of indexers to your vernier one. I don't care about the thread shifting but it may do you more justice starting a thread specificaly for you Vernier indexer. I truly don't care if it continues here just saying it may get more attention in it's own thread.

I like your ideas/drawings/tool designs & think they deserve a place of their own where they get the proper exposure

I'll second what Charlie said. It does deserve attention but on the end of this thread I think it's suffering from lack of exposure. Definitely start a new thread with it.

-Ron

I know this kind of has gone off the path some what, I quess it didnt help with my comment about vernier scales thrown into the mix. Sorry Charley, it wasnt ment to hi jack your idexer thread, it was intended to add to the whole sceme of things.

I my self do have interest in the verier scale setup, But I do think it maybe a little
off base from the simple indexer. If Gordon feels like starting his own thread on this topic, I cant see any problem doing so. The verier scale probably doesnt grab the attention that other topics would, but I do have a interest in making one for my setup, as I do alot of indexing on my lathe for many different types of work.
If he does, Ron, could you repost those files again? I still dont know whats going on with that.

You don't have to apologize, there was nothing wrong it just drifted off and the title of this thread doesn't help Gordon's cause at all

Was just pointing out why it may not be getting any attention.

If he does, Ron, could you repost those files again? I still dont know whats going on with that.

No problem, glad to help any time. If I get some time today I'll see if I can find any info on what may be the problem opening Gordon's .pdfs. If you get a chance, and don't mind, let me know what operating system you're on, Windows XP, 7, Apple OS, etc. as well as the version of Adobe reader you have (if you can find it, if not we won't worry about it).

-Ron

Back