Lancelier Manufacturing, Providence RI, Drill Press

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hi,
Got this really cool drill press last winter.
Finally got to spend some time going through it. What a sweet little bench drill press.
I had a tough time removing the motor bearing lubrication port plugs. I used a little heat from a oxy/acetylene set-up. The blade set screw moved. I was able to clean and oil, adjust it to a service level that showed me this is a sound little drill press.
I got this for free from one of the guys in our local hobby machinist group.
Thanks again!IMG_3805.JPGIMG_3806.JPGIMG_3807.JPG

You have come a long way with your shop since the fire. I am impressed on how will you have handled everything. Your new shop is really coming along

Cool old machine. I was just up that way this past week. New England was such a hotbed of machine tool manufacturing in the 1800s and early 1900s. I drove past the old Brown & Sharpe factory a few times during my visit. It is now loft apartments and retail I think. I also visited Slater Mill (old textile mill) and got to tour the line shaft machine shop. Cool stuff.

Wow, 1930's.
I had no idea it was that old.
The bearings are good in the original motor and in the spindle.
The spindle runs fairly true, I haven't indicated it but have not noticed anything obvious.
I knew it was old based on the style. They brought class to equipment and machine tools.

I drove past the old Brown & Sharpe factory a few times during my visit. It is now loft apartments and retail I think. I also visited Slater Mill (old textile mill) and got to tour the line shaft machine shop. Cool stuff.

Indeed there is much up this way - apologies for the thread drift, JAnderson.

I live a few blocks from the site of the old Gay And Silver manufacturing plant for cutting tools. Up till they did major work on the site one of the parking lots held a gigantic concrete slab as part of the pavement - a planer base.

Interesting what you can see even in the not-so-recognized bits of industrial heritage.

Back