Landmark's PM-30MV CNC Conversion

The FK bearing block has the angular contact (AC) bearings. The FF block is a simple radial bearing which meant to float axially so it works fine. While not the greatest quality the cheap AC bearings can be made to work without replacing. My PM-932 conversion has been running for 5 years with all but one set of the original AC bearings. Often the bearings are installed incorrectly from the manufacturer and the tolerances of the block and cap are a little generous so some shimming is usually required to get the proper preload and remove any axial play.

In this post I show how to tuneup the block and bearings. https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/pm932-cnc-build.21442/post-192473
Jay, thanks for the information and link to your post. I am going to check it out now.

The conversion has been very slow going. But I finally decided on Closed Loop steppers from Automation Technology LLC. The controller and drives are wired up and running on the bench. The videos show the Centroid Acorn running a test

file included with the software.

I just pulled the money gun out and shot a PM-30MV down and as by chance.... really! I went
to e-bay and bought the SAME ball screw kit from china..... THEN I stumbled on this thread
about your build...

Would you mind list the parts from Auto Tech LLC and their cost?

I would like to evaluate the stuff and maybe follow your lead...

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Phil Dalgleish
Grand Rapids MI

The conversion has been very slow going. But I finally decided on Closed Loop steppers from Automation Technology LLC. The controller and drives are wired up and running on the bench. The videos show the Centroid Acorn running a test
View attachment 295392
file included with the software.
View attachment 295391

Back