Lantain Lathe parts

I just went through a similar episode on my '97 King 14x40 lathe, also Taiwan made. May I ask, where did you end up getting the suitable replacement? Did it look something like this? I had a power feed issue hopefully close to sorting out now. I was able to get a spare eventually. The worm gear that engages is hardened steel so I feel that all things equal, the brass is the consumable wear item. And it would be a bugger to make, at least with my limited knowledge & tools.

Also, you didn't happen to take a pic of what your worn one looked like did you? I'm still not convinced my own was that bad vs. other alignment issues. Just curious.

IMG_6345_edited-1.jpg

IMG_6346_edited-1.jpg

IMG_6347_edited-1.jpg

Anyone finds a place to get one of those brass gears please let me know Mine has a bunch of wear, and figure it will die

New guy here. I just sold an older 1984 Lanain Lathe. It was a really nice machine and built in Tiawan. 12x36 belt drive. There were lots of these lathes sold under the Enco and Jet names. Several other companies also sold this lathe. Anyhow, there was a small bronze gear driven from a worm in the apron that was the weak point on these old lathes. I bought the lathe for $500 knowing that it needed that gear. I found some for sale from another lathe maker that would fit with a little modification (key way size). When I found them I panicked and bought several of them knowing that they were no longer a stock item. Now I have gears and no lathe.

Anyhow, if any of you are looking for some parts for one of these old lathes, let me know if I can help.
Do you still have any of the gears?
LMK, thanks
Lou O.

Back