Large dials for a South Bend 14 1/2

Oh I don't , I can do and have done many super tight jobs under government inspectors . My hold up or inability lies in the fact I'm bed bound , caused by bulging discs in my lower back. Most items I make to use I don't go the extra to put krinkle paint or polish to mirror finish. I do where a item needs to have slip clearance , no burrs allowed to gall . I have the tools most anyway just not able now. I've even made a built my own power sliding door on my van , and devised the installation of a wheelchair lift with about 1/8" clearance on both sides and top of door too. I do like when tools look super as with Marks builds .

Silver
I am so sorry to dear about the disability. Is there any chance of getting the foam infusion to separate the disc from rubbing. Good luck and i will add you to my prayer list.
Keep us informed
Nelson

Mark
Your friend will be very happy with that because you have done a very nice job. I'm glad I got to know you, you are a very talented man and your generosity goes without saying.
Be well my friend
Nelson

WOW!!!!! Very impressive and in such a short time frame too. Takes me forever to do anything on the lathe or mill.
Thank you. It is really nothing you all can't do. You look at each step and piece one at a time. Perform each step and then look at the next step. Everything is simple if you look at it that way. Most of you guys can do anything I can do if you break it down so it is not overwhelming. It is my opinion that the difference between the master Machinist and the novice is how much information is stored in my brain as the novice has to look much of it up. Yes, experience helps as far as the number of mistakes that may be made, and the speed at accomplishing a project but by taking your time and carefully planing each step almost anyone can make almost anything.

Back