Laser Center Finder on eBay

BGHansen

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
FYI, there's an SDA dot-style laser center finder on eBay for $40 (plus $7.20 shipping) or $52 Buy it Now. Auction# is 202507200529. I have no association with the seller other than they had a concentric circle style one for sale also which I bought tonight. Pretty good deal for someone if they were considering one of these (asking price new is >$150). I've got a cross hair and concentric circle one already (yes, I know, do I really need two . . .) and use them about 50/50 depending on the accuracy needed on my set up. I'm able to get within 0.001" repeatably with a conventional edge finder and electronic static edge finder. Get to within 0.005" or better with the laser, but others may get closer.

Bruce

1542946294143.png

Last edited:
That wouldn't be useful to me, IMHO you should aspire to part position determination which exceeds your machining capability.

Hi magicniner,

If the laser center finder wouldn't be useful to you then by all means don't bid on it. All I intended with this thread was pointing out the deal to someone who might be interested.

Agreed we should strive to do our best. However, we should also be stewards of our time. I cut about 8 full cords of firewood a year and shoot for 16" logs. I don't measure each one, do it by eye. If I did measure them, I'd probably use a paint mark on the bar, not a vernier caliper. Simply a case of the right tool for the accuracy needed on the job.

Bruce

Back