Late Afternoon Phone Call

B

Buffalo20

Forum Guest
Register Today
At about 4:45 pm, I got a call from a small local manufacturer, looking for (4) pieces of 2” x 3” x 1/2” steel,. They had nothing in that thickness and the local,suppliers were either shutting down for the day or already closed. I said yes, I’d have the cut pieces ready for them. I use to work for them and still do 2-3 small jobs for them a month, either when they are super busy, short of help or too small or odd for them to want to do. They called me back and asked if instead of just suppling the metal, if I would make the small part, they faxed over a sketch, with all of the dimensions, it turns out the part they want me to make is (4) t-nuts, to allow them to put QCTP on, some of the factories lathes.

So (4) t-nuts, (4) pieces of 9/16”-18 B-7 hardened all-thread, (4) 9/16”-18 flange nuts and (4) 3” OD x 9/16” ID x 1/4” steel mounting pads. The t-nuts are done, the B-7 all-thread is cut, flange nuts are done, and the mounting pads are cut out, a little bit of lathe work in the morning and they will be done.

One or two more jobs like this, and that new rotary table will be mine.

the finish parts went out the door at 10:30 am, a slight change this morning, 3 of the pieces, with 9/16”-18 studs, one with 1/2”-20 stud.

I would have posted some pictures, but the site will not allow me to progress beyond the log in. I log in, it showed i log in, but if I click on anything, it kicks me out. This is on the laptop, right now I’m posting from the iPad.

the finish parts went out the door at 10:30 am, a slight change this morning, 3 of the pieces, with 9/16”-18 studs, one with 1/2”-20 stud.

I would have posted some pictures, but the site will not allow me to progress beyond the log in. I log in, it showed i log in, but if I click on anything, it kicks me out. This is on the laptop, right now I’m posting from the iPad.
My laptop does the same thing.... I just assumed it was because my MacBook is ancient... I'm always on mobile, so I never noticed.

I'm finding a software glitch on this site, too. To work around it I go to sub forum then log in there. This site doesn't remember me . I know someone is going to say" Can you blame it ? " My password for forums is pretty simple, so no biggie.

One of the problems I have found is that if you are using IE11 you have to put the site in the trusted sites. both the HTTP and HTTPS.
then it stoped having problems with the remember my login, and being able to post properly. Wish they would stop changing things on my computer when it updates.

Thats what I'm talking about!:cool: Shop work = shop tooling.
Hope your picture issue gets resolved.
Paco

probably know this but . .
I've never been able to post pictures using the "insert image" icon on the top menu bar. I've always used the "attach files" at bottom left to insert pictures.

Back