Latest Purchases

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I bought a set of gears for my B&S no2 Dividing Head (I can only hope to receive them within a year). I also needed a suitable tailstock & found myself buying yet another B&S Dividing Head just to get the tailstock. At the very moment I was dithering with the seller, another with an almost complete set of gears slipped away & was sold. The honing stones are virgin. I will use them 1 for ways, 1 for brass etc. The horizontal cutters are dull & chipped. It will be interesting to set up the dividing head & a grinder to bring them true! But the best part is my new to me Starrett no122 Vernier Caliper!

20180413 01.jpg

20180424 01.jpgSTONE 03.jpg20180329 01.jpg

Last edited:
I too had to buy two B&S dividing heads to come up with a full setup; the reason you do not see the gears is that they go with the machine, and are kept in a compartment in the machine base. Several years ago, I found a set of gears consisting of the short lead attachment, which I have actually used to cut a spiral gear a couple of times.
Dividing heads are not used in cutter sharpening, only a tooth rest is necessary to index the teeth on the grinder.

I've worn my fingers raw using those stones polishing injection molds. Wish I had a dividing head. Retired, no job, sots of time, and no money. Ain't life grand.

OK, off topic a bit ...

I have utmost respect for mold polishers like you. When I worked on inkjet cartridge R&D and production at HP, each new product required new mold(s). Though not directly involved in that part of the development, I was able to look at various molds, test parts, short shots, etc., and took a minor part in the design discussions. Wonderfully complex field of endeavor. Along with largish surfaces (rough from the sinker EDM mold making process) needing to be polished, those molds had some incredible nooks and crannies. Best wishes to you!

Brockwood, nice find! But am I missing something... "(I can only hope to receive them within a year)"???

Lost in transit Doug. Actually I got word that same day that they should be here tomorrow!

Last edited:
No pics, but I got my order from Little Machine Shop. Six more turning tool holders for the BXA on my benchtop, two of the small Noga knock-offs, a set of 3 inch slotted angle plates, and a set of drilled 1-2-3 blocks. Now I just have to get time to make some chips.

Back