Latest update on my health Part2

Billh50

RIP 2018
Rest In Peace
Well it was looking good til this past week. Had chemo on 21st, 22nd, and 23rd with what seemed to be with no problems. After chemo Creatinine was at 1.4 so that was good. But I suddenly gained about 10lbs of fluid. Well it took me 2 days to get rid of the fluid and I just seeemed more tired than usual after. But still thought I was doing ok.
Well on the 31st I saw my heart doctor. He decides I need to restart my valsartan as my heart needed it. but wants me to have a blood test and see his APRN on the 5th. So things are going ok until I go on the 5th. First I find out my creatinine was oer 2. If it's not down again by Monday then no CHEMO. Not GOOD!
Well then then decide to check my ICD while I am there. The tech comes in and is getting ready to set me up. She says to me. "Did they talk to you about your ICD reporting A-FIB". Could have knocked me right off the exam table at that point cause no one said a thing about it to me. Well she calls the doctor in to talk to me. They would like to put me on a blood thinner but all my blood counts too low. So they will talk to my oncologist about a blood transfusion.
So now I am wondering what is going to happen Monday morning when I go in for chemo. Just can't seem to catch a break.

Dear Lord , Bill your as lucky as I am. If the lottery sold one ticket and I bought it I'd still lose. Saying a special prayer week

Yea, From my wife I know about chemo knocking down blood counts, and stuff so you have to watch it. I hope things start to do better. Keep you in our prayers

Hang in there Bill.
I went for my Bi-Annual cardiac ultrasound a couple weeks ago... but during this test they fit a catheter to inject some fluid to make your blood bubble/boil so they can get a better contrast. Then I was supposed to go get my results this afternoon. Dr's. office calls just hours before my appt. and says they need more time to evaluate.... wtf???.. Now you can imagine what's racin' through my mind. Getting old is for wimps! :confusion:

I'm wishing you a speedy return health. lots of good luck to you!:)

Back