Lathe back gears

Using back gears and the blet gave good power at speed and then blet give good finish on last pass

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Looks great
Look big for a pin , sliding knob or some other in Gage the large gear.

Typical from time of building it was simple and basic

Dave

1530072518256725924323.jpgthe back gears themselves are on an offset bushing with a dial that you pull out, then turn and has a detent to clip into position, but to disengage the gear from the pulleys, it has a little switch type thing on the side of the biggest pulley.

The big gear on the spindle
Looks great
Look big for a pin , sliding knob or some other in Gage the large gear.

Typical from time of building it was simple and basic

Dave

View attachment 270634the back gears themselves are on an offset bushing with a dial that you pull out, then turn and has a detent to clip into position, but to disengage the gear from the pulleys, it has a little switch type thing on the side of the biggest pulley.

View attachment 270634the back gears themselves are on an offset bushing with a dial that you pull out, then turn and has a detent to clip into position, but to disengage the gear from the pulleys, it has a little switch type thing on the side of the biggest pulley.
Gday,

I am super novice about lathes. I recently inherited a Britannia,(no idea the model...yet)

The lathe in your picture is that a Britannia by chance and do you know what model or any further information? Looks very similar to mine.

Thank you heaps.

Luke

Back