[4]

Lathe milling attachment

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

bpctcb

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Has anyone mounted a milling attachment to a PM lathe? I have a PM1440GT that I am considering making a milling attachment for since I am lacking a mill & the funds to buy one at the moment. I'm just not sure how to go about attaching one to the crosslide. I would like something other than using the compound mounting position.

BP

SamI

Registered
I don't have a PM lathe however what I have doesn't appear a million miles off.

I had to make up an adaptor plate to raise it up a little and allow appropriate mounting holes. What I found after doing that was that the travel on my cross slide wasn't great enough to be able to use the full milling table. As such that adaptor went in the scrap pile and I made a new one that offset the milling slide by about 3". The funny thing is that after all the time that took I've not yet actually had a chance to use it so I can't report on how well that setup works!

Capt45

Registered
Attacked a Palmgren 250 to my PM 1022. Still working out some details such as center height , ect. since I have it attached to the top slide. I'm in the process of fabri-cobbling a plate to use on the crosslide utilizing the T-slots.
adapter4.jpg
adapter5.jpg

Not my original idea, but a plan by another member.

[6]
[5] [7]