Lathe software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly the problems I am finding. I find it ends up way quicker to just do the part in a cad program and cam it!

That is exactly the problems I am finding. I find it ends up way quicker to just do the part in a cad program and cam it!

After I uninstalled KipWareT, I found a program called eCam. It's from Italy. It's a commercial program but unlocks itself on weekends. I did end up buying it.

It's not perfect but once you get the hang of it, it seems to put out good G-code. I've used VCarve to generate outlines for eCam.

I bring it in as a DXF and then identify the outline to eCam. From there, I assign my tools and pick the cutting routines. I found it's best to use it in the order they want. Out of order seems to make a mess. Or maybe I'm missing something in the translation.

I thinking I am just going to give up altogether with KipwareT and just count that money lost.
I will have a look at that one. This is one I found the other day, but I haven't tried it yet

That's the one from CNC Zone?

I thought it was no longer supported/fixed. If it's still being developed, I wouldn't mind giving it a try, too.

BTW, this is the link for eCam: https://v4.e-cam.it/article/20-download

As I said, it completely unlocks on the weekend. IIRC, it must be able to access the internet on boot. I think it wants to get the time/day from the internet versus your PC.

I bought the complete package, although I haven't used it for any milling. I've been using VCarve for that along with either LinuxCNC or UCCNC.

Yes, it looks like it is the same one on CNC Zone. Not too sure about the support, I will look into that. I only come across it because someone sent me a link to the youtube videos. Had a quick play with it on the weekend seams ok looks way easier to work out than the KipwareT I have. Plus it has a fully printable user manual!

I'll have a try, too. I don't mind this eCam, though. I've been getting used to it.

@GaryLa and @rick-b and @blueerchip you have all had your say.

This discussion requires knowledge of details of operation and failure cases that is outside of the scope of the average user. This is rapidly turning into a he said - she said kind of argument. This is not going to help anybody.

Further complaint and or elaboration is not encouraged. If it steps into the realm of trolling, which it is getting perilously close to, sanctions will be considered.

If any of the participants disagree with this note, then PM me and I'd be happy to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back