Lathe software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.M.G. That may be the worst translation I've ever seen. It doesn't even have the typically amusing chinglish phrases.

Time to retrofit. It will take less effort than getting that controller figured out and tamed.

Linux + LinuxCNC + Mesa ethernet card w/ built-in BOB.

There are other controllers, of course, but for a lathe I think that'd do the trick cheap and fairly easy.

Yep, it's a shocker! And yes changing the controller was something I was contemplating, so much so I have a new GSK controller sitting here for it. But I got cold feet as electronics is far from my strong suit and I thought I would give this controller ago again.

I thought I would give this controller ago again.

Just don't.

Fit the GSK, or a LinuxCNC, or something else. We'll help you out with that - there are some rather clever and patient folks here and on other forums.

There are ZERO helpful and patient people anywhere familiar with that Chungking Washing Machine thing you've got.

Leverage the resources available to you.

I mean - look at this. This is a new Linux lathe interface ('probe basic'). Who wouldn't want this?

I think the lathe GUI is still in development, but... wow. Free.

probebasic-lathe.png

I mean - look at this. This is a new Linux lathe interface ('probe basic'). Who wouldn't want this?

View attachment 333875
Haven't had time this week to even look at the machine or the software. But I'm thinking its time to bite the bullet and change the controller
This is the lathe.
IMG_3631.JPG

That's pretty swank. It looks like it was made for that GSK controller you've got.

I haven't had time to fiddle with Kipware in quite some time. Working out the bugs on a custom F360 post I'm having written. Live tool C-axis control is not dirt simple for a lathe novice...

That's pretty swank. It looks like it was made for that GSK controller you've got.

I haven't had time to fiddle with Kipware in quite some time. Working out the bugs on a custom F360 post I'm having written. Live tool C-axis control is not dirt simple for a lathe novice...
Yer, it's not a bad little machine that's why I jumped on it. But at the moment I have decided to put the kipware software to the side and concentrate on fitting the new controller. I started thinking, getting the software to work with this controller was harder than doing the install.

Well, I retrofitted my controller and I'm back on the KipwareT again. And as before still hitting my head up against a brick wall!

Anyone else using it with success?

Looks very much like the graphics used on Tormach's mill. Is it a python script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back