Lathe Tooling Headstock to Tailstock

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
I had a request on my YouTube channel to share all my lathe tooling and figured the Tool Junkies forum was just the place to post it as well. I talk through the tooling for my Precision Matthews PM 1440TL Lathe from Headstock & Work Holding to Tailstock & Work Supporting & Cutting Tools in between. This is all the tooling I use on my Lathe to complete nearly any project. I know there is a lot of tooling out there for the lathe and I don't claim to be the expert on tooling by any means. I wanted to share what I have and what is working for me, and give some details about different parts and things to consider when putting your own tooling package together. I will put a copy of this in the beginner forum and Precision Matthews forum as well.

The video is broken down into different sections and in the YouTube description you can get the time link to each section:

Tool Storage - 1:42
Splash Guard Tool Tray - 5:16
Headstock Work Holding - 7:45
Tailstock Work Supporting & Chucks - 14:45
Tool Post - Cutting Tools - 21:45
Carbide Tooling Nomenclature Chart - 41.37

This Carbide Tooling Nomenclature Chart is in the video, figured it may be a good resource for anyone who wants to print it off as well. Pic below and PDF attached to print. The information is from mitsubishi.com, I just packaged it up a little different so it fits on one page.

CarbideInsertNomenclature.png

Attachments

• CarbideInsertNomenclature.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Wowsers! Thank you SO much for this well organized and thorough presentation. I have a friend who's about to buy his first lathe, and I'll be sending him a link to your video.

hman- that is great to hear how this will help out a friend. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks!

Back