LBA

Levi

Active User
Registered
I just realized I may be suffering from a new disorder,
I the camera/photography hobby world there is an addiction known as "LBA" or Lens Buying Addiction" I suffer from it.
I've recently discovered that I may also suffer from Lathe Buying Addiction. Yesterday I just couldn't resist the little 7" Dalton lathe that was on my local Craigslist. And at $125 How could I? While it's true that lathes take up more room than lenses, they seem like much more of a bargain.
I'm afraid my wife might ban me from craigslist.

Well then, I have some APO Rodenstock (Sironar-S) large format lenses -MINT condition and haven't used them in years. Too bad they won't turn themselves into the PM CNC machine I'd like to get. Just two of the lenses would pay for a full-blown system.

I just realized I may be suffering from a new disorder,
I the camera/photography hobby world there is an addiction known as "LBA" or Lens Buying Addiction" I suffer from it.
I've recently discovered that I may also suffer from Lathe Buying Addiction. Yesterday I just couldn't resist the little 7" Dalton lathe that was on my local Craigslist. And at $125 How could I? While it's true that lathes take up more room than lenses, they seem like much more of a bargain.
I'm afraid my wife might ban me from craigslist.

Large format lenses just sitting? Well that does sound like waste.
20 years ago I built 4x5 field camera from scratch out of walnut. I met an older gentleman who gave me a 1 day class on how to make a bellows for it.
I'm hoping that some day while I'm still alive a 4x5 digital back will be available at a reasonable price..

Srry to resurrect and old thread, but this is how I found the forum! My vintage camera love brought me here so I can fabicate a handle for handheld 4x5 photography. My son is building a CNC table!

Back