[4]

le--blond regal 19 x 54 --needing a steady rest

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

smallfly

Active User
Registered
i bought a 19x54 le blond lathe and it came with

NO STEADY REST---any one out their have one for sale or trade.
thanks in advance. re steve in mt.

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Steve,

They are not very difficult to make. You can take look at a bunch of photos on Google
and fabricate your own if you can't find one. Here's a photo of one I made several years ago,
simple but very functional. It's on an old Springfield lathe.

IMG_0417.JPG

smallfly

Active User
Registered
thanks for pic's. been lookin on internet at different designs --homemade rests and iam sure i could make one myself---lotta ideas out there in ''cyper space.'' thanks again. re steve in mt.

bigearl67

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I think I have a real nice one in the attic. Give me the top of V to center of flat and center height. Earl

jamie76x

Active User
Registered
I have the same machine except 17" that I need the steady rest for.
While looking I had come across a few for a 19" lathe, but no 17's.....

smallfly

Active User
Registered
I have the same machine except 17" that I need the steady rest for.
While looking I had come across a few for a 19" lathe, but no 17's.....[/QUOT

JAMIE--PLEASE contact me --if u know where or if ?? u find a steady rest for a 19'' le-blond or really a 19 inch just any lathe .thanks in advance. re steve in mt. 406--596--7960

- - - Updated - - -

I think I have a real nice one in the attic. Give me the top of V to center of flat and center height. Earl
earl----this lathe will ''swing'' 19 inches. really not sure what u mean?? when u ask for ''center height??. steve in mt. 406 596 7960 . will measure lathe and respond---need just a little more coffee. lol. when u have some ''free time'' please call. re steve in mt.--OK i took measurements on lathe and have enclosed 2--pictures. from top o ''V'' to center of ''flat'' it is 8 1/4 inches. now from ''flat'' straight up to center of spindle it is 9 1/2 inches . hope this is what u need. see atttached pics. re steve in mt.

LE-BLOND  #1.JPG LE -  BLOND # 2.JPG

Last edited:

bigearl67

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Steve,
Sorry, pulled it out and it only has a 7" space between the V and mount. Shame, It's a nice rest. Earl

[6]
[5] [7]