le--blond regal 19 x 54 --needing a steady rest

smallfly

Active User
Registered
i bought a 19x54 le blond lathe and it came with

NO STEADY REST---any one out their have one for sale or trade.
thanks in advance. re steve in mt.

Steve,

They are not very difficult to make. You can take look at a bunch of photos on Google
and fabricate your own if you can't find one. Here's a photo of one I made several years ago,
simple but very functional. It's on an old Springfield lathe.

IMG_0417.JPG

thanks for pic's. been lookin on internet at different designs --homemade rests and iam sure i could make one myself---lotta ideas out there in ''cyper space.'' thanks again. re steve in mt.

I think I have a real nice one in the attic. Give me the top of V to center of flat and center height. Earl

I have the same machine except 17" that I need the steady rest for.
While looking I had come across a few for a 19" lathe, but no 17's.....

I have the same machine except 17" that I need the steady rest for.
While looking I had come across a few for a 19" lathe, but no 17's.....[/QUOT

JAMIE--PLEASE contact me --if u know where or if ?? u find a steady rest for a 19'' le-blond or really a 19 inch just any lathe .thanks in advance. re steve in mt. 406--596--7960

- - - Updated - - -

I think I have a real nice one in the attic. Give me the top of V to center of flat and center height. Earl

earl----this lathe will ''swing'' 19 inches. really not sure what u mean?? when u ask for ''center height??. steve in mt. 406 596 7960 . will measure lathe and respond---need just a little more coffee. lol. when u have some ''free time'' please call. re steve in mt.--OK i took measurements on lathe and have enclosed 2--pictures. from top o ''V'' to center of ''flat'' it is 8 1/4 inches. now from ''flat'' straight up to center of spindle it is 9 1/2 inches . hope this is what u need. see atttached pics. re steve in mt.

LE-BLOND  #1.JPG LE -  BLOND # 2.JPG

Last edited:
Steve,
Sorry, pulled it out and it only has a 7" space between the V and mount. Shame, It's a nice rest. Earl

Back