Lead screw nut central machinery mill drill

Mikemil

Registered
Registered
I have a model number 30864 mill drill. Looking for replacement lead screw nuts for both axis. Lead screws measure 25.5 Ish mm. I tried buying a grizzly g1006 but they were about 2mm too small. I was able to get bearings quill spring and other parts to match

I am wondering if an enco or jet or larger grizzly g706 nut would work but I can’t find dimensions anywhere

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, just measured my G1006-1007. It measures about 23.5 ish.
are your leadscrew nuts bronze or cast iron?
are they split & adjustable for wear?
i’ve adjusted my X nut & it still has quite a bit of backlash, but able to live with it by taking the backlash out before dialing in the numbers.
EDIT: there are many different models of these, hopefully someone will have info for you.

I can’t post pictures yet. It is a cast material in a light silver, but not brass or regular cast iron. Similar looking to grizzly in design, split with an Allen screw, just larger all around

ec1932e49b13a02df8a5f4f012e51737.jpg

What we use to call pot metal when I was growing up.

Lead screws measure 25.5 Ish mm
It could be a 1" Leadscrew, 25.4mm = 1"

Not a direct replacement, but McMaster sells Acme Leadscrew nuts......

You are exactly right. I measured and spun the old nut 50 turns and it is exactly 5” so it is a 1”-10 acme thread.

Now how do I find replacement x and y nuts?
991835b73a789127d420504f24e82546.jpg

Called HF support and the super exes model 33686 appears similar and they were able to back order the lead screw nuts for me.

Fingers crossed

Good news, bad news. HF parts showed up within a week. Unfortunately the lead screw and nuts from a 33683 are not interchangeable with an older model number 30864

The lead screw and nuts they shipped were 15/16 -10 and the cross slide nut is left hand thread.

HF is happy enough to let me return. I can use the nuts I have, but would prefer new ones while machine is apart

Next plan will be to buy ball screws in the future when I want to do cnc conversion

c0b4cfb4074196119597d80ab7c1ff90.jpg

Back