Leaning towards a PM-1030V as a first lathe, check my logic?

The irony here being that we’re all responding on this old thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The key phrase there is "responding on" instead of "responding to". ;)

Tom

So what would be the time frame where one could no longer reply to a thread?

My point is that I have seen many threads resurrected and new information is added that may not have been available when the thread originated.
I don't think there is any problem with replying to / posting on an old thread. He was pointing out (to me) than my saying "I can't wait to see your first project" was probably a bit out of date, given his first project was probably 2 years ago. Nothing but some good-natured ribbing.

If I had asked a question about the thread topic or contributed my experience to the the topic of the thread, it would have not been commented on at all, and would likely have kicked off another round of discussion. This is a good group and very friendly.

I don't think there is any problem with replying to / posting on an old thread. He was pointing out (to me) than my saying "I can't wait to see your first project" was probably a bit out of date, given his first project was probably 2 years ago. Nothing but some good-natured ribbing.

If I had asked a question about the thread topic or contributed my experience to the the topic of the thread, it would have not been commented on at all, and would likely have kicked off another round of discussion. This is a good group and very friendly.

I see. I missed the ribbing part. I thought you were being critical but I see your point.

This is one of the best forums out there.

Back