Learning to TIG

Tightening your core muscles while being loose and limber in the arms helps out as well.
I’ve been away from this thread for too long.
I made a big discovery tonight.
Feeding with my right hand reduces my tungsten contamination by 100%
My left hand just doesn’t have the control (yet) of my right hand.

As I build up the coordination I’ll keep switching back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tightening your core muscles while being loose and limber in the arms helps a great deal as well, IMO. Never rest your upper-body weight on your forearms/wrists/hands unless you only plan to do very short runs, because you will have to re-position a great deal.

Tightening your core muscles while being loose and limber in the arms helps out as well.

Tightening your core muscles while being loose and limber in the arms helps a great deal as well, IMO. Never rest your upper-body weight on your forearms/wrists/hands unless you only plan to do very short runs, because you will have to re-position a great deal.
Thanks Oscar, that's good advice.
My new welding table is at a decent height so I'm not sitting like a praying Mantis as I was at my old table.

I found that getting my face really close to the welding helped a lot with accuracy and control. Did so by buying some mask inserts that focus about 6" in front of me. Come to think of it, not sure where I'll find the same thing for the new mask that's on the way... hmmm.

I found that getting my face really close to the welding helped a lot with accuracy and control. Did so by buying some mask inserts that focus about 6" in front of me. Come to think of it, not sure where I'll find the same thing for the new mask that's on the way... hmmm.
I have a 2.25 diopter insert in my helmet. It works fairly well but I'm interested in trying some actual 2.25 readers.
What helmet did you buy?

I have a 2.25 diopter insert in my helmet. It works fairly well but I'm interested in trying some actual 2.25 readers.
What helmet did you buy?
I have the inserts in the Miller helmet that I've had for about 25 yrs. The new helmet, not yet here, is an Optrel 2.0, which I've read many great things about. We'll see!

Back