Learning to TIG

I'll hold off on that for now, I found the manual for mine, just haven't gotten back to it yet. Thank you very much for the offer.

It is perhaps the best manual I’ve seen.
The bottom left corner of the front cover reflects one of the reasons I went with the Primeweld.
f4db99a2fe021e10ddf49a960e5dc753.jpg

weldingtipsandtricks.com. This guy makes great videos and his website has a forum with lots of experienced welders to answer questions.

weldingtipsandtricks.com. This guy makes great videos and his website has a forum with lots of experienced welders to answer questions.

Totally agree, and with a friendly attitude toward newbies like me!
Just like here :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulse, cleaning, frequency stuff. I just need to figure out a set it, and forget it mode to start practicing.
View attachment 326496

Don't mess with pulse yet. Maybe in a few years. Set the balance to "7" as indicated on the machine. If you get pepper in the puddle decrease to get more cleaning action. I don't think your machine has adjustable AC frequency, so you won't have to worry about that.

David, where is the "Show us your welders" thread ? Couldn't find it.

Thanks

I am fairly new (a few years) to TIG and though I don’t spend consistent time welding, I love the capability and can get into the swing of it when I have a project. It’s not so dissimilar from chopping vegetables in that you make repetitive, coordinated, rhythmic movements with both hands; and modulate the pedal. Of course, unlike chopping, you really can’t stop and recollect. So it’s a bit like performance driving too. So satisfying when it goes right. Tight arc and clean aluminum are your friends.

David, where is the "Show us your welders" thread ? Couldn't find it.

Thanks

Right here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back