LeBlond for Sale Locally

ChandlerJPerry

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Hey everyone, hopefully there are some LeBlond experts lurking around here. This machine is up for sale from a local school district, I think it's too large for my needs (hobby use in a 10x20 garage), but I thought it would still be fun to see if anyone here could ID it. It looks to me like a 30's or 40's machine of 16-20" swing, it's a shame I don't have more room. Between this and a 15" Reed Prentice I was offered for $500 last week, I'm definitely wishing for more room :p. Who knows, maybe someone here would want to drag it home?

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Brand Name.jpg
    Brand Name.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 70
Nice unit. Wish I had the space and was closer.

Taper attachment too. :encourage:

That is a Leblond Regal lathe, lighter than a plain Leblond, likely in the 1940s. The serial number should be on the front of the ways at the right hand end of the bed, that will indicate the date of manufacture.

Not bad, if the price is right and the ways aren't too worn.

Nice to see another UT member here!

Looks like a really good specimen for its time and use. @ChandlerJPerry Perhaps a double garage?
I wish! It's not in the cards right now, I'm actually in a rental at the moment that has poor access to the garage. I have a tight approach with a long, shared with the neighbor driveway that has a decent grade to it. So basically a nightmare for any truly heavy machinery :grin big:. If not for that I would consider rescuing it, but I think getting it in the garage would be too many headaches for me to handle.

That is a Leblond Regal lathe, lighter than a plain Leblond, likely in the 1940s. The serial number should be on the front of the ways at the right hand end of the bed, that will indicate the date of manufacture.
I've been unclear on what differentiates a standard LeBlond from a Regal. What makes them visually distinct?

Not bad, if the price is right and the ways aren't too worn.

Nice to see another UT member here!
Agreed! I don't know if you would have the space or interest for such a thing, but it's being sold by the Provo school district.

Back