leblond regal 24" parts needed

dcheff

Active User
Registered
I just rescued a 24" leblond regal lathe made in 1941 serial number H13 from a junkyard. It is in pretty damn good shape minus a few missing parts. The first part I need is one of the doors on the base and I also need a thread dial. crossfeed handle would be nice also but I could probably find one local from another machine at a junkyard. if any of you have these parts or know of where I might be able to find them I would truly appreciate it.

leblond.jpg

I highly doubt that a door will ever appear to fit on your lathe. Best thing to do is look for a similar cover, sheet metal, that would have lovers formed into it for ventilation for the motor. Find something close and fit it to the opening. The original cover was more than likely a blot on cover with louvers cast into it.
As for a thread dial, the lathe probably did not have one when it was shipped from the factory. The easiest thing to do is make one to work on your lathe. I've done that in my past. If yours has a four pitch lead screw, look for a 12 diametral pitch 16 tooth fiber gear. This should match the lead screw almost perfectly. Even though the gear teeth are not kicked over at an angle to match the lead angle of the thread of the lead screw, it will work just fine. Handle for your cross feed, there are many on eBay for a array of prices. Also McMaster-Carr stocks handles too at reasonable prices too. That's what it's all about, a project for your new machine! Have fun! We'll try to help where we can. Ken

Thanks ken. The motor is mounted external behind the lathe so no need for louvers. I made a thread dial for my sidney lathe, it was pretty easy but i would like a factory one if possible

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice machine. As Ken indicated the door would be tough to find, but I think you could make something pretty close with 1/8" plate with a piece of 1/2" bar stock bent to fit and welded on from the back side would give you the same general look, without breaking the bank. Thanks for saving another little piece of history. Mike

I have a large carriage stop with a micrometer wheel.
I believe it is for a Leblond.
If you are interested let me know.
I'll get some pics and measurements.

No other Leblond parts. ... that I know of.
However, I have a lantern tool post and some huge Armstrong tool holders for the lantern.
To big for anything I have.

Daryl
MN

Yes I am interested in the micrometer stop you have. You can call me or text me at 517-977-8704 dan

Back