Ledger Engineering Shaper

Brian W

Registered
Registered
I have acquired a old J&E Ledger (ledger engineering) shaper, manufactured in Perth Australia. It's in great shape, just needs a little bit of a cleanup but that's half the fun right. I am chasing any information or if luck is with me a manual for the old girl.
Any information would be greatly appreciated

Regards Brian

Attachments

• IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
You have a great looking shaper! Doesn't look like it needs much, other than some oil. Maybe sit in that white chair with a V B and watch it cut. Looks like you have a nice shop too. Is that a 55 Ford you are restoring?
Cheers
Martin

Looks like an auction somewhere to me.

Yes, sadly not my workshop, that was the workshop where the auction was held. That customline body went for $500. I do have a chair and watching the shaper slowly work its way across the part while sinking a cold one is what I'm aiming for. the shaper is pretty tidy a bit of set dust and oil from sitting a while, so a cleanup and some new oil will get her sorted.

That looks like a good shaper, and the right size for getting something fairly big done in a smaller shop. Congratulations!

With shapers, I found its best to search for manuals of every brand you can find, then take the parts that pertain to yours. The chance of finding one for your brand, is slim, and then it is likely for a newer model, that has different features. Half the fun, is learning.

Nice purchase. Looks like a good usable size too.

Looks like a nice shaper in good nick. All the better for being Aussie made. We made some good iron ion years gone by.Hope you find what you are looking for.

Back